Old Crap, From Yesterday
I can imagine the thought process behind the Avs canceling their morning skate:
"The circus? No ice yet? Meh, we don't need to drive all the way out to the 'burbs to skate... besides, it's only the Thrashers; we'll use the first period as our gameday skate..."
Redemption, Thy Name Is Peverly
And with that, the Dispenser returns to his point-per-game pace since The Pickup.
Numbers That Make Me Happy:
- 4 The number of years on the extention signed by one Tobias Enstrom in September of 2008. (Quick Trivia: What's Enstrom's first name? According to his Wikipedia page, Ulf. I'd go with Toby too, if it were me).
- 61% Our faceoff win percentage last night. Now if only that could somehow translate into more shots...
- 3-1-1 Our record over the last five games.
- ~52 1/2 The number of minutes per game our team has played solid hockey over that span.
- 8 The number of days we have left to put up with annoying Canadiocentric hockey media speculating where Kovy might go on deadline day.
Numbers That Make Me Sad
- -5 Our current shots/game differential. That's just bad.
- 8 The number of days my gut tells me we have left to spend with Marty Reasoner Nic Havelid before they're headed to a contender. But the good news is, according to the Falconer, Toby plays just fine without Havs.
- 5-7-1 Our record since the All-Star break. Not much to get excited about, yet I'm excited that the team is playing better.
All New Crap From Today
- Welcome Back Marty!
I'm sorry, Brodeur fat jokes never get old.
- As The Blueline Turns... Whitney's out and Kunitz & Tangradi are in for the Pens. Poor Whits... comes back from injury, and now he has to move.