- It's pretty freakin' cold in Atlanta today.
- I've begun recording again, and I've found some suh-weet (and FREE!) limiter (it's the W1, for the recording-minded) and compressor plug-ins.
- No lie, I have lost 13 lbs. in 40 days on the sadistic slice of evil known as the Wii Fit. You'll lose weight, but you will never curse more at a piece of plastic, ever. Actually, in the balance-board's defense, it's that snide SOB digital trainer that'll really getcha.
- After finishing A Day In the Life of Ivan Denisovich, I'm starting Dostoyevsky's Notes From Underground. I don't know what it is about Russian literature... There's a certain plain-spokenness that never seems condescending, just factual. Even in Tolstoy's short stories, which in lesser hands could be simple moralizing, there is a... reality that I can readily identify with. I read The Picture of Dorian Gray, and it seems to me that Oscar Wilde (through the mouth of Lord Henry Wotton) really hammers home his almost nihilistic worship of beauty even as he presents the horrendous eternal consequence of Dorian's actions. It's came off (to my ears) as heavy-handed preaching. But maybe that says more about me than it does Oscar Wilde...
Wow. Didn't think that would happen...
- Big Star's only rival in the Most Underrated Rock Band of the Century debate is Cheap Trick. I would put #1 Record/Radio City up against the Trick's 1977 self-titled debut any day of the week. September Gurls is transcendental, while He's A Whore is the best song about a (metaphorical) gigolo you will ever hear in your life. Srsly.
- I made scones last night. Me = win.
So yea, there's a game tonight. I may feel motivated to expound on that later, I may not. But hey, at least Nuke Laloosh is on our side. (from Puck Daddy)